The Italian Fusion Festival 2023– Short Video Competition
“Corto | Italy and Ireland in a snapshot”.
The short video competition has been integral to the Italian Fusion Festival since its start.
The aim is to offer a spotlight to international filmmakers in Ireland wishing to showcase their works on our platforms.
Entry is open to any short films made by Italian-Irish film productions. They must include at least one Italian and one Irish cast/crew/director/writer/composer/editor/producer. We accept both unreleased and previously released short movies.
Deadline: Thursday, 12 of October 2023
Duration of short films: up to 10 minutes.
Submission: Send an email to email@example.com with a short bio and a description of the video. Your email should also include a YouTube or a WeTransfer link to your video(s).
The winner will be announced during the event and will be awarded a voucher.
All the videos shortlisted by our jury will also be advertised and made permanently available to the wider public on different platforms, such as the Italian Fusion Festival and Radio Dublino web pages and social networks.
Contact us for further information.
We are happy to introduce the Jazz / Funk part of our lineup. This year, the Italian Fusion Festival presents Julyo featuring Dario Rodighiero and Jason McNamara.
Julyo is a Recording Academy voting member, Award-winner, multi-platinum producer, guitar and bass player. He has previously toured and performed with Kino, Michael Brecker, Paulo Bragança, B.B. King, Cindy Blackman, Take That, Photosonic Orchestra, Kino and Dumb Type Collective. Julyo will perform at the Italian Fusion Festival 2023 with film scoring composer and Recording Academy voting member Dario Rodighiero and Irish drummer/percussionist Jason McNamara.
- Julyo – Guitar
- Dario Rodighiero – Keyboards
- Jason McNamara – Drum/Percussions
The early bird tickets for the Italian Fusion Festival 2023 have all been snapped up, and we are delighted with the success of this year’s event.
All Early Bird General Admission tickets are now sold out. The festival returns to Dublin on Sunday, 22 October 2023.
If you missed the opportunity to purchase the Early Bird tickets watch out for the full-price General Admission tickets. The sale of General Admission tickets starts tomorrow at 9 am.
The “Combo Tickets” (General Admission + Dance Workshop, General Admission + Pizza and Glass of Prosecco, and the Italian Full Experience) are still available for purchase.
An unmissable opportunity to be part of the vibrant creativity that makes the Italian Fusion Festival the biggest Italian festival in Europe!
The Italian Fusion Festival is an event that takes place in Dublin since 2017. The festival is organised by Radio Dublino, the Italian-language Irish Radio programme, running since 2013.
The festival holistic lineup spans from jazz, folk, trad, latin, blues to rock music and will also showcase art performances, videos, dance workshop, and Italian food and drinks will be available.
APPLY NOW at: https://goo.gl/forms/CIIXTEHAFpAvcFTz1
The Italian Fusion Festival is run by a small team of staff; we couldn’t do it without the help of amazing volunteers who assist us with many different aspects of running the festival. Volunteers work in pairs or small groups with the support of IFF staff. Shifts usually last 1-2 hours, and volunteers can work as many or little shifts as they like. Here are some of the ways volunteers help make the festival a success.
Check out the roles below to see how you can get involved.
Pre-Festival Team (September/October): In the run-up to the festival, volunteers focus on Distribution and marketing; we pair volunteers into groups of two or three, with the teams of volunteers distributing programs, promoting events, and putting up Festival and Artist posters. Onlromotion and sharing in social media in this phase are very important.
Festival Team (22nd October):
- Customer Service: Volunteers are the face of the festival, they REPRESENT! Volunteers are a go-to point for people looking for information about shows, venue, places to eat, you name it! It is important to have a sound understanding of the festival program and be friendly, enthusiastic, and patient.
- Ticketing: It is extremely important that we have accurate information about how many tickets we have sold and what our audience numbers are. During the festival, Volunteers will take ticket stubs on the doors. Attention to detail, concentration, and calm are keys; it sounds like an easy task, but things can get pretty hectic when a throng of people is waiting in a foyer, and someone announces that the doors are open!
- Stewarding: Stewarding volunteers are onsite at IFF shows, looking out for the public and the performers, making sure they’re safe, and alerting the supervisor if there is a problem.
- Roadie on Stage: Volunteers support musicians and Stage Manager and Sound Engineers. Rock it!
- Promotion: Handing out flyers/programs and helping put up posters for our different events. Promotional volunteers also gather media – audience quotes, testimonials, and photographs and pass these on to the Social Media team.
- Photos and Videos. Express your creativity with short videos and photos.
- Surveying: Volunteers carry out surveys to gather information about how people have heard about the festival. Volunteers ask audience members if they would like to take a survey, gather answered surveys, and make sure they get to the right person. Being friendly, confident, and comfortable with approaching people are all very important.
Please note: Volunteers must be over 18 years of age.
How to get involved
Fill out the online volunteer application form here: https://goo.gl/forms/CIIXTEHAFpAvcFTz1. Please note that there are a limited number of volunteer posts available. Applications to volunteer at IFF 2023 are on a first-come, first-served basis. So submit your application for consideration without delay!
- Learn new skills
- Improve your local knowledge
- Enhance language skills
- Boost your CV
- Enjoy great shows
- Free Entry to the Festival
- Meet great people
- You’ll get to know local arts venues and staff
- Enjoy the free pizza & prosecco!
- Volunteers will receive the famous Radio Dublino T-shirt.
Haven’t purchased your ticket to the Italian Fusion Festival 2023 yet? Now’s the time because you can get our early-bird rates (just €10 for a ticket). We have a limited number of early bird tickets for a limited time only, so purchase now if you don’t want to miss out.
The Italian Fusion Festival is coming back! Stay tuned and book the date!
Calling all talented bands in Ireland! Are you ready to showcase your unique musical style to a diverse and enthusiastic audience? The Italian Fusion Festival is back with its next edition, and we are on the lookout for an extraordinary band with at least one element is Italian to join our vibrant lineup. This is an incredible opportunity to perform at one of the most anticipated cultural events of the year. So, dust off your instruments, bring your passion, and get ready to make your mark!
The Italian Fusion Festival celebrates the vibrant and diverse fusion of Italian and Irish cultures annually. It serves as a platform to showcase the extraordinary talent and creativity that arises from blending these two rich musical heritages. This unique festival brings together music, dance, art, and gastronomy, creating a truly immersive and memorable experience for attendees.
We are thrilled to invite bands based in Ireland to participate in our open call for the upcoming edition of the Italian Fusion Festival. The call is open to bands incorporating at least one Italian singer and /or musician. Whether you’re inspired by the rhythms of Tarantella, the emotive melodies of Irish ballads, or the infectious energy of British pop, we want to hear what you’ve got!
The open call is aimed at bands we have not yet had the pleasure of hosting in previous festival editions or live sessions in our radio studios.
To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Bio: Introduce your band and provide some background information. Tell us about your musical journey, influences, and any notable achievements or performances.
- Live Performance Videos: Share the links of two videos hosted on YouTube showcasing your band’s live performances. This is your chance to demonstrate your stage presence, musical skills, and the unique fusion of Italian and Irish elements in your music. Show us what makes your band stand out!
Deadline: The deadline for submissions is 1 July 2023. Make sure to send in your email well in advance to allow ample time for consideration.
What to Expect: After the submission deadline, our panel of judges will carefully review each entry to select the band that best embodies the spirit of the Italian Fusion Festival. If you are chosen, you will have the incredible opportunity to perform alongside other talented musicians, entertain a diverse audience, and be a part of an unforgettable cultural event.
If you’re an Irish band with a passion for music and a touch of Italian influence, this open call for the Italian Fusion Festival is your chance to shine! Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity to showcase your talent, connect with fellow musicians, and be a part of a celebration that bridges the gap between Irish and Italian cultures.
Prepare your bio and live performance videos, and send them to email@example.com before the deadline on 1 July 2023. We can’t wait to discover the hidden gems within Ireland’s vibrant music scene and welcome you to the Italian Fusion Festival family!
The last edition of the Italian Fusion Festival has hosted a TV crew of the Italian TV program “Little Big Italy” The TV crew interviewed the festival coordinators at the Italian Institute of Culture this morning. The scenes recorded at the festival and the interviews have been part of the last episode of the TV show broadcasted at Nove channel in Italy. (part of Warner Bros. / Discovery).