Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org | www.mauriziopittau.it
Italian Fusion Festival 2022 Crew
Short Video Competition: Giuseppe Crupi
Art Exhibition: Cristina Ciampaglione
Other Volunteers: Daniel Gazzea, Lorena Lampedecchia, Luca Felice Maglione, Luigi Vitiello, Shauna Donnelly, Valentina Settomini
ABOUT THE ITALIAN FUSION FESTIVAL
The Italian Fusion Festival is the biggest Italian Festival in Europe. The fifth edition will be on 2nd July 2022 from 6pm at the BelloBar, Dublin.
The multicultural and multidisciplinary arts festival is organised by Radio Dublino, the only Italian language Radio programme in Ireland which started in 2013.
The festival, founded and directed by Maurizio Pittau, aims at promoting cultural exchanges between Italy and Ireland through several bands based in Ireland whose music is the result of the collaboration between Irish and Italian musicians. All participating bands have performed on Radio Dublino shows and offer an exciting overview of the latest music trends in the Dublin scene.
The Italian Fusion Festival Festival goals are:
- To raise awareness about new trends in Irish music, visual art and poetry resulting from the encounter of people with Irish and Italian backgrounds.
- To provide an opportunity for Italians and local mixed bands to perform live and increase their visibility.
- To encourage cultural exchanges between Italy and Ireland.
- To promote integration within the Italian community in Ireland.
- To offer a platform for music and art developments in multicultural Dublin.
About the organiser of the Event
Radio Dublino is a weekly Italian radio magazine broadcasted since 2013 every Wednesday on Near FM at 9.30 pm. Near FM is a not for profit cooperative run by volunteers who manage their programmes autonomously and independently.
The programme managed by volunteers, addresses the Italian community in Dublin, Irish speakers of Italian and all residents in Ireland interested in Italian culture, Italian music and the Italian language.
Radio Dublino was started in October 2013 by Maurizio Pittau and it was conceived as a place where the audience can feel at home and share views and opinions on Italy and Ireland from the expat point of view.
The programme addresses the Italian community in Dublin, Irish speakers of Italian and all residents in Dublin interested in Italian culture, Italian music and the Italian language. Radio Dublino covers a variety of topics: Italian language teaching, news from Italy and Ireland, Italian music (rock, traditional, opera, jazz, folk, etc.), information about intercultural events in Dublin and interviews with Italians living in Dublin or Irish speakers of Italian.
The programme aims are:
- Promote the Italian language, music, art and culture
- Encourage the integration of the Italian community in Dublin/ Ireland and the intercultural dialogue between Italians and Irish people.
- Stimulate Irish speakers of Italian to keep up to date with the Italian language and the civilisation.
- Encourage active involvement and participation by providing a platform where the presenters and the audience can express their ideas, share projects or promote events.
More info www.radiodublino.com