Become an Italian Fusion Festival volunteer!
An unmissable opportunity to be part of the vibrant creativity that makes the Italian Fusion Festival the bigger Italian festival in Europe!
The ENIT Italian Fusion Festival is an event that will take place on the 8th of July in Dublin from 3 o’clock ’til 11pm at The Grand Social, Liffey Street, Dublin 1. The festival is organized by Radio Dublino, the only Italian language Irish Radio programme, running since 2013.
The festival holistic lineup spans from jazz, folk, trad, blues to rock music and will also showcase art performances, videos, workshops of Italian and Irish trad music, Italian gestures and traditional Irish and Italian music instruments and Italian artisan food will be available.
APPLY NOW at: https://goo.gl/forms/CIIXTEHAFpAvcFTz1
The Italian Fusion Festival is run by a small team of staff, we couldn’t do it without the help of amazing volunteers who assist us with many different aspects of running the festival. Volunteers work in pairs or small groups with the support of IFF staff. Shifts usually last 1-2 hours and volunteers can work as many or little shifts as they like. Here are some of the ways volunteers help make the festival a success.
Check out the roles below to see how you can get involved.
Pre-Festival Team (May/June): In the run up to the festival volunteers focus on Distribution & Marketing, we pair volunteers into groups of two or three with the teams of volunteers distributing programmes, promoting events and putting up Festival and Artist posters.
Festival Team (8th July):
- Customer Service: Volunteers are the face of the festival, they REPRESENT! Volunteers are a go-to point for people looking for information about shows, venue, places to eat, you name it! It is important to have a very sound understanding of the festival programme and to be friendly, enthusiastic and patient.
- Ticketing: It is extremely important that we have accurate information about how many tickets we have sold and what our audience numbers are. During the festival Volunteers will be taking ticket stubs on the doors and using a clicker to count audiences as they enter. Attention to detail, concentration and calm are key; it sounds like an easy task but things can get pretty hectic when there’s a throng of people waiting in a foyer and someone announces that the doors are open!
- Stewarding: Stewarding volunteers are onsite at IFF shows, looking out for the public and the performers, making sure they’re safe and alerting the supervisor if there is a problem.
- Roadie on Stage: Volunteers support musicians and Stage Manager and Sound Engineers. Rock it!
- Promotion: Handing out flyers/programmes and helping put up posters for our different events. Promotional volunteers also gather media – audience quotes, testimonials, photographs and pass these on to the Social Media team.
- Photos and Videos. Express your creativity with short videos and photos.
- Surveying: Volunteers carry out surveys to gather information about how people have heard about the festival. Volunteers ask audience members if they would like to take a survey, gather answered surveys and make sure they get to the right person. Being friendly, confident, and comfortable with approaching people are all very important.
Please note: Volunteers must be over 18 years of age.
How to get involved
Fill out the online volunteer application form here: https://goo.gl/forms/CIIXTEHAFpAvcFTz1 Please note that there are a limited number of volunteer posts available. Applications to volunteer at IFF 2018 are on a first come, first served basis. So submit your application for consideration without delay!
- Learn new skills
- Improve your local knowledge
- Enhance language skills
- Boost your CV
- Enjoy great shows
- Free Entry to the Festival
- Meet great people
- You’ll get to know local arts venues and staff
- Enjoy the exclusive Festival Closing Party!
- Volunteers will receive the famous Radio Dublino T-shirt